Eco-friendly living for the practically minded.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Local Brews

Maja has reminded me that I haven't posted in a year! OMG, someone reads my blog!


So, here starts more posting. :)

First up: I just found out about this awesomeness happening at Construction Junction. Let's call it a Pittsburgh Oktoberfest.

A nice thing about living in Pittsburgh: lots of local breweries. Getting local produce in the winter is tough, but local beers? Always a good selection. Among those appearing will be:
  • The Church Brew Works
  • East End Brewery (which is like two busway stops from my house)
  • Erie Brewing Company
  • Fat Head's Brew
  • Great Lakes Brewing Company
  • Rivertowne
  • Penn Brew
  • Sprague Farm
  • Tröegs
  • Weyerbacher
Also? It's either a 30 minute walk to my house, or a 20 minute walk and bus. So no arguing about who is DD. I suggest all you yinzers get back into town for this one. It will be awesome.

No comments: