Eco-friendly living for the practically minded.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Roast potatoes and carrots


Woo hoo! Just made this the other night. All the ingredients were from my garden, except the garlic and olive oil. Next year, the garlic will be from my garden too!

8 new potatoes
10 carrots
10 boiler onions (1-2 inch onions)
4 sprigs of rosemary
2 T. olive oil
3 cloves of garlic

  1. Preheat oven to 450
  2. Quarter potatoes and onions, mince garlic, slice carrots, strip rosemary leaves
  3. Mix together and bake for 40 minutes
Notes:
I used purple and orange carrots for extra color.

Since this recipe is all root veggies, it's particularly good for fall and winter. However, I really wanted to make it now since everything was from the garden. :)

3 comments:

Maja H. said...

I order you to plant an olive oil tree. It should yield 3oz. bottles of olive oil on it's branches.

As I demand it, so shall it be.

Lizzi said...

Sigh. I'm so jealous of your garden! Your dinner looks so pretty. And sounds so delicious. Go you for sustainable living.

Speaking of which, can you write about composting? I'm fascinated by it. If you have any suggestions for what those of us who live in apartments (with no gardens) can do with whatever we've composted, that would rock.

And,um, if you plant an olive tree, can you blog about that, too?

Ciera Jaspan said...

Ooohhh composting. That's Saul's favorite new past time: turning the compost pile. I swear, our worms are fat and need to go on a diet. I'll definitely write about compost.

Olive oil tree huh? If it flowers and is pollinated, is it no longer a virgin tree? Course I use extra-virgin. Maybe that means the tree itself was not planted, but erupted from the ground in a miraculous conception style.